these cells are made for walking

within nights of disturbed imagery
the lights of dawn hide far away
i saw the sun... rise 3 times in one day
and never leave my sight for 6 months
felt the fall of night like surfing icy waves
and loved the melting of the flowers
and the four walls we shared were not enough
so i left once again and discovered myself
i'm just a fat sri lankan that likes to crush skulls with his middle fingers
a hairy thai that walks with his knees on your heads
a brown japanese that cuts eyes with finger-pointing blades
a peaceful mongolian
see y'all in india when cows stop flying
i'll bring gifts from indonesia
and marry a boricua
right after the sight of flying castles
in cambodian ships of massacre
and nepalese bittersweets
in bangladesh i'll free my soul
in laos earth broke my heart
in china i saw her face
and burma made me forget
and one of those cells had me good
and once in those cells i felt i could
and over again i had survived
and other ways i walked again
and that's just what they'll do
because these cells are made for walking
the roads are many and days keep passing
so i might keep track of winds
walk with beings
share these things
clear my mind and look within
...
am i...?
then yes, then no
then always and never
true and false
highs and lows
shades and wow's
haze and overdose
face and underclothes
grays in color modes
vague memory of ol'
that made me cry
then they stopped...
and tibet said hello
and i said goodbye...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Witness

From Coal to Diamond

In the absence of others